The early bird registration has been extended till 9 September 2016, 2359hrs (SGT).
Over 500 participants from the region will converge in Singapore to discuss exciting new frontiers in "Enhancing Blood Stem Cell Transplantation".
Hear from the Presidents of various haematopoietic transplant societies share:
- The current status of stem cell transplants around the world
- How you can reduce complications after transplant by using optimal conditioning regimens and the latest treatment regimens for post-transplant complications – such as, sinusoidal obstruction syndrome and graft versus host disease
Prof Christopher Bredeson
Prof Jeff Szer
Prof Mohd Mohty
Prof Shinchiro Okamoto
Prof William Hwang
Immediate Past President, WMDA
Key Congress Highlights:
|Emerging Cellular Therapies like Cord Blood Expansion, CAR-T Cells and Use of T Cell Subsets
Attend sessions on some of the latest technologies in cell therapy, including:
- Cord blood expansion (Prof Mitch Horwitz of Duke University, USA)
- The use of CAR T cell therapies (Prof He Huang, China, and Michael Goldbrunner, USA)
- Cell subset sections which, reduce graft versus host disease (GVHD) while retaining graft versus tumour and antiviral immunity (Dr Wing Leung, USA)
|Indication for Stem Cell Transplant
Learn the latest advances in stem cell transplant for patients with blood cancers like:
- Acute leukaemia (Prof Liu Kaiyan, China)
- Lymphoma (Prof Christopher Bredeson, President ASBMT)
- Multiple myeloma (Prof Chng Wee Joo, Singapore)
- Non-malignant disorders like aplastic anaemia (Prof Jong Wook Lee, Korea) and thalassemia (Prof Alok Srivastava, India)
- Also find out about some latest studies in application of human iPSC and genome engineering for management of leukaemia from Prof David Ma of Australia
|Quality and Accreditation
- The latest in Quality and Accreditation from the current JACIE Medical Director, Ricardo Saccardi, and participate in discussions on how we can develop accreditation programmes for transplant centres and transplant coordinators
- Come also to join in an exciting working group meeting where we will discuss Accreditation of Transplant Centres in Asia
- How you can implement outpatient transplants to reduce the need for patient hospitalisation from Prof Andrew Spencer from Monash University and Joyce Neumann from the MD Anderson Cancer Centre
|Alternative Donor Transplantation
- The latest in cord blood transplantation (Sergio Querol of Spain) and;
- Haplo identical transplantation (Prof Huang Xiaojun of China)
- Unrelated donor – Learn the best strategies in donor selection and how best to understand the latest technologies in HLA typing from the best international experts in these fields from Bone Marrow Donors Worldwide and Histogenetics
Take the chance to attend many of our concurrent working group meetings, where you may have the opportunity to participate in many exciting collaborative projects in the region! These include our Severe Aplastic Anemia, Congenital Marrow Failure Syndrome, Thalassemia, Nutrition Support, Late Effects, AML, CML, HLA, Cord Blood Transplantation, Donor Safety and Nuclear Accident Management (NAM) working groups.
Coming Soon! – Pre-congress Workshop Registration
Don’t miss our pre-congress workshops on graft versus host disease and lymphoma. Our speakers – Amin Alousi of the MD Anderson Cancer Centre and Andrew Gennery from the Great North Children’s Hospital of Newcastle, will give participants an opportunity to take part in highly participative workshops to enhance their own skills and knowledge.
Top Reasons to Join Us in Singapore for APBMT 2016:
- Engage and share ideas from 500 participants from the region.
- Garner insights from 25 international & regional speakers who will be speaking in Singapore.
- Network and connect with industry experts and influencers.
- Opportunities to participate in APBMT working groups and take part in international research
- Visit multiracial Singapore during our celebration of Deepavali, the Indian festival of lights, while learning about unique Asian aspects of haematology and stem cell transplants!
- Join us for our Gala dinner at the Flower Dome @ Gardens by the Bay and interact with the top professionals in HSCT while enjoying the sights and food.
Who Should Attend:
- Clinical Researchers
- Processing Laboratory Personnel
- Transplant Coordinators and
- Anyone With An Interest In Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation